Sunday, December 13, 2009

Winter

Winter came early (during the festival in October), let up for a bit, and now . . .

Winter has grabbed ahold of us and doesn't look like it's going to let go anytime soon.


The ground is rock hard and open water is frozen solid. Back in November, I was hoping that we would be riding well into the new year. High temperatures in the teens and a recent blast of snow have ended those hopes for now.


Tis the season for bike maintenance. The Turner is in pieces and getting a thorough cleaning and lube job. Something special is happening with the rear shock and front fork, but I can't spill the beans on that one yet.


The workbench shows the effect of dirt withdrawal. OK, so the Sultan is not the only bike in pieces. Everything but the single speed is in pieces, but the old SS will get its turn in good time.

1 comment:

CQ said...

I suppose winter hit at the right time for me as I need to take a break from the bikes. I think I will build a couple of burly new trails complete with easy options in certain areas .